Indianapolis, IN. – Mark Knopfler, British singer-songwriter, guitarist and best known as frontman to the chart topping rock band Dire Straits, returned to the Murat Theatre inside Old National Centre on Tuesday, August 27th to perform in front of a SOLD OUT crowd. Playing tunes from his vast catalog of music that spans decades, Knopfler did not disappoint his fans as he effortlessly strummed through some of his most beloved tunes, changing guitars at each new song and showing Indy why he is considered one of the greatest guitar players of all times. “A true magician” I overheard someone say in the crowd, as he indeed created a magical evening for all in attendance. Currently out in support of his 2018 release, Down The Road Wherever, Mark Knopfler and his smokin’ hot band of players will be touring through the end of September in the U.S. – You can check here for dates near you, as this is one you’ll want to catch if you are a music lover of 70-80’s classic rock, along with some country/blues rock thrown in for good measure.
PHOTO GALLERY Mark KnopflerWebsite | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
Setlist: Indianapolis, IN.
- Why Aye Man
- Corned Beef City
- Sailing to Philadelphia
- Once Upon a Time in the West (Dire Straits cover)
- Romeo and Juliet (Dire Straits cover)
- My Bacon Roll
- Matchstick Man
- Done With Bonaparte
- Heart Full of Holes
- She’s Gone
- Your Latest Trick (Dire Straits cover)
- Postcards from Paraguay
- On Every Street (Dire Straits cover)
- Speedway at Nazareth
- Money for Nothing (Dire Straits cover)
- Going Home: Theme of the Local Here (*sidenote: Mark Knopfler is a huge fan of his hometown football club Newcastle United F.C. which uses this song as their anthem at home games)
Show Date: 8/27/19
Enjoy this video of Mark Knopfler showing off his guitar chops and talking guitars!