Indianapolis, IN. – With much anticipation, beloved country music singer-songwriter Vince Gill returned to Indianapolis Thursday evening to a full house. After having to cancel previous dates in November 2018 due to a non-life threatening illness (which Vince jokingly informed fans was a kidney stone), he did not disappoint as he took the crowd on a journey through country music including covers by country legends Merle Haggard and Buck Owens.
Vince and his band walked out onto the stage all smiles, as he got the party started with “One More Last Chance” that had some couples doing a good old-fashioned two-step in the aisles. With vocals of an angel, Vince slid into “Take Your Memory With You” before addressing the crowd, telling stories and joking, grateful to come back and entertain his fans for a night. Continuing to play some of his biggest hits, Vince made his way through his catalog; playing it up with players in the band and you soon realize (if you didn’t already know) why Vince Gill is considered one of the top string players in the industry.
The show was everything you would expect a Vince Gill show to be and more! Playing to the acoustics of the room and the theatre setting, the production was elegant – visually stunning and sounded amazing! You could tell the band and Vince were giving it their all, while having the best of times doing it.
As the lights dimmed and Vince took a quick pause, the crowd was standing and begging for more, showing appreciation for a truly entertaining evening. Vince walked back on stage to give the crowd just a few more hits before finally bidding Farewell until Next Time…Website | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram
Set List: The Murat Theatre – Indianapolis, IN.
- One More Last Chance
- Take Your Memory With You
- Tryin’ to Get Over You
- Pocket Full of Gold
- Oklahoma Dust (The Notorious Cherry Bombs song)
- Look At Us
- The Old Lucky Diamond Motel
- Young Man’s Town
- When I Call Your Name
- The Bottle Let Me Down (Merle Haggard cover)
- I Can’t Be Myself (Merle Haggard cover)
- Together Again (Buck Owens and his Buckaroos cover)
- This Guitar and Me (Vince solo)
- I Don’t Wanna Ride the Rails No More (Vince solo)
- The Price of Regret (Vince solo)
- The Key to Life (Vince solo)
- When My Amy Prays (joined by keyboard player)
- I Still Believe In You
- Ode to Billie Joe (sung by Wendy Moten)
- Pretty Little Adriana
- Oklahoma Borderline
- What the Cowgirls Do
- Don’t Let Our Love Start Slippin’ Away
- Down to My Last Bad Habit (slides into part of “I Can’t Tell You Why” during guitar solo)
- Whenever You Come Around
- Liza Jane