Indianapolis, IN – Please Rock! That is all you need to know when headed to The Yacht Rock Revue regardless of what city you see it in! (Well, and maybe wear some boat shoes and a captain’s hat!) That was the scene Friday night in the Egyptian Room at Old National Centre as fans of all ages came out to celebrate some of the biggest hits of ’70s and ’80s soft rock, or as the new genre is called “Yacht Rock”.
The booze was flowing, bell-bottoms were swinging and the crowd was more than ready for the party to begin. Sporting their Captain hats, the crowd dashed into the room to hear some of their favorites tunes from their younger years and sing along while tripping down memory lane…and this band doesn’t disappoint! Dressing the part and sounding pretty close to the originals, this tribute act has all the bases covered with some bells and whistles to keep that booty hustle in stride!
Band members consist of Peter Olson, Nicholas Niespodziani, Mark Cobb, Greg Lee, Mark Bencuya, Mark Dannells, and David Freeman. This has been a full time gig for the band since an ironic performance of cheesy soft rock hits at a local club took off into a weekly residence. Although the Yacht Rock Revue started as a side project, they now have a contract with Live Nation and tour nationally, playing over 100 shows a year.
Check out photos from Yacht Rock Revue‘s stop in Indianapolis on 4/19/2019 below!Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
Set List: Yacht Rock Revue – Indianapolis,IN.
- Brandy (You’re a Fine Girl) by Looking Glass
- Saturday in the Park by Chicago
- Dancing in the Moonlight by King Harvest
- Steal Away by Robbie Dupree
- Heart to Heart by Kenny Loggins
- Somebody’s Baby by Jackson Browne
- Minute by Minute by The Doobie Brothers
- Peg by Steely Dan
- Turn Your Love Around by George Benson
- Lido Shuffle by Box Scaggs
- Easy by Commodores
- My Old School by Steely Dan
- Sister Golden Hair by America
- Summer Breeze by Seals & Crofts
- Shakedown Street by The Grateful Dead
- Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty
- Rich Girl by Daryl Hall & John Oates
- Africa by Toto
- Escape (The Pina Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes
- Dreams by Fleetwood Mac
- Late in the Evening by Paul Simon
- All Night Long by Lionel Richie
- She’s Gone by Daryl Hall & John Oates
- The Heart of Rock & Roll by Huey Lewis
- Ride Like the Wind by Christoper Cross
- Rosanna by Toto
- You Can Call Me Al by Paul Simon
- More Than A Feeling by Boston
Make sure to check here for dates and be sure to mark your calendar for a fun evening out with Yacht Rock Revue!