Award-winning rapper and renowned activist, Common, is set to release new album, Let Love, on August 30th. Described as a 21st-century renaissance man, Common is also a recipient of an Academy Award® for his song “Glory” from the 2014 film Selma.
Even with all of this success, one phone call from his daughter Omoye — in which she told him that he was falling short as a father — caused his world to crumble. He began to reevaluate fatherhood, love, and faith. Common went on to write New York Times best-seller Let Love Have The Last Word and create his new album, Let Love.
Today, Common debuts the video for “Show Me That You Love,” which depicts the moment that sparked a period of therapy and self-examination.
As Common faces fatherhood, he shares his soul-forward sound on his new album that delves into issues of fatherhood, masculinity, self-care and more. Pre-order Let Love HERE.
Let Love Track List:
1. Good Morning Love feat. Samora Pinderhughes
2. HER Love feat. Daniel Caesar w/special guest Dwele
3. Dwele’s Interlude
4. Hercules feat. Swizz Beatz
5. Fifth Story feat. Leikeli47
6. Forever Your Love feat. BJ The Chicago Kid
7. Leaders (Crib Love) feat. A-Trak
8. Memories of Home feat. BJ The Chicago Kid and Samora Pinderhughes
9. Show Me That You Love feat. Jill Scott and Samora Pinderhughes
10. My Fancy Free Future Love
11. God Is Love feat. Leon Bridges and Jonathan McReynolds
Common recently appeared as the lead guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, discussing the album and performing “Hercules” alongside Swizz Beatz. Watch the performance here: